Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gaming habits...

You know when you get those private jokes, things that develop out of shared experiences...
I love The Onion News Network, and the In the Know video about guys getting stoked leads to my brother and I now laughing every time we see the word stoked.
Gaming has led to a lot these in jokes and memes taking over.  After being a big street fighter on the SNES, now whenever I see a country mentioned, if that country was a street fighter venue, I have to say the country name in the accent street fighter 2 had.  Japaaaaaaaaan
Also, Command and Conquer Generals gave me the 'China has been generous' every time China do something in the news...
A lot of unit catchphrases from RTS' too, especially red alert, warcraft 3, and starcraft
So what habits and jokes have you picked up from games?  are they repeatable?

7 comments:

  1. any time i get something new i hold it up above my head zelda style. definitely repeatable. although i'm going to have trouble doing it if i ever get a new car or girlfriend. lol.

    i probably have other habits but this is the one i am most aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say Zelda too, I definitely make the da da da daaaaaa noise

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes that sound. always have to do that also.

    just remembered another one.

    whenever i'm struggling to lift/push/move/break something, i always imagine the Test Your Might minigame in mortal kombat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I do well at something I imitate my favorite Nintendo mascot from Mario Kart, "I'm a Luigi Number one!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just so you know...I'm Kikaider007.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good choice, thanks very much for stopping by Jose, very much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, you're welcome Kirsten and I had to check out one of my favorite My IGNer's blog site!

    ReplyDelete