Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Today....

Been working a lot of shifts lately (bar work) so had no time to blog, which makes me sad.  I am exhausted and have aching feet.



I have however been playing quite a bit of Ikaruga, totally awesome game, impossible and exhilarating.  I am now ranked 4,100th in the world...

so difficult
I love it though, such a brilliant game, everyone needs to try it.

I have also been playing some Hydrophobia.  I was really looking forward to this, but it just hasn't grabbed me so far.  It is undoubtedly impressive technically, the water effects are cool, but it just feels a bit clunky and unresponsive, and seems to have frame rate issues when things explode.  All in all it is fun, but rather frustrating.

water physics
Aside from that, I finished the Fallout 3 expansions.  They are fun, but feel kinda anti-climactic when you finish them, I did point look out last, and then pretty much just stopped...

What am I looking forward to?  Enslaved, need to pick that up, Fallout New Vegas, Front Mission Evolved, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood


5 comments:

  1. Ikaruga, I remember hearing about that game. I wasn't even good at the calculator version so I don't feel to confident how I'd do there. Probably worse than 4,100th place.

    Doing the Fallout expansions myself, well I only have Broken Steel and Point Lookout and technically I'm still going through the main campaign, again, to get to Broken Steel and then do Point Lookout. Hope New Vegas turns out well!

    Aching feet is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woot, a comment
    it regularly ranks as one of the hardest games ever made, and it is I think deservingly, I know there are at least 60,000 people in the rankings, so I am pretty damn happy with 4,100.
    The expansions are good, but I am glad I didn't pay too much for them. Just like with the original game I feel they suffer from the level cap. Both with the main game, and then the expansions and their increased cap I got to the maximum level long before finishing, and if you cannot level up then I find a serious limit to the motivation to play

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, definitely takes no time at all to raise levels which doesn't help. That and sadly they have to implement a level cap because of the skills and the way they organized leveling. Once you get all of your skills to 100 you can't level up anymore. That's actually really impressive then!

    Oh, and I figured you could use the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, I really could
    I can understand them wanting to keep the top level attainable so as not to punish the people who don't want to do a lot of side quests, but for the type of game I think it is reasonable to assume people will do at least some, you don't pick up an RPG just to skip most of the content. An extra five levels each, so 25 for the main game, up to 40 for the expansions, would have been ideal I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I've actually used some cheats to auto lvl once I was at lvl 20 to get me even higher and I couldn't even reach 40 because my skills capped out. Of course that depends on the perks you choose and where you invest in your SPECIAL. They could have changed things around to work for it but as it is, it wouldn't. I personally don't mind just exploring to explore. Leveling takes so little time I don't even see it as motivation. Unless I'm trying to get my science skill up to 100 to get into vault 87. which is exactly what I'm doing right now

    ReplyDelete